Since its first outing in 1954, the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has brought the very best in the creative communications industry together, and after missing a year due to the pandemic, the Cannes Lions Competition and the Festival are both returning to in-person events this June.
As Canada’s official representative for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, The Globe and Mail is pleased to announce that 13 Canadian industry leaders will be judging entries in the competition this year, which are considered the most prestigious creative awards in the industry.
The initial stages of judging will take place remotely with the use of unique judging technology. The awarding judges will come together in Cannes to complete the final stages of judging and award the Lions.
5 Canadian jurors have been named as Cannes Lions Shortlist Jurors, while 8 Canadian Cannes Lions Awarding Jurors will travel to Cannes to review and award the winning work of 2022.
Canada’s Shortlist Jurors are:
- Brand Experience & Activation Lions: Mooren Bofill, Partner, Creative Director, One Twenty Three West Communications
- Direct Lions: Ari Elkouby, Chief Creative Officer, Wunderman Thompson Canada
- Film Craft Lions: Alison Gordon, Editor / Co-Founder, Outsider Editorial Inc.
- Media Lions: Brooke Leland, Managing Partner, Jungle Media
- Outdoor Lions: Lance Martin, Chief Creative Officer, DonerNorth
“We’re pleased to announce the appointment of these Canadian leaders to the Cannes Lions juries,” said Andrew Saunders, Chief Revenue Officer of The Globe and Mail and chair of the Canadian Cannes Lions Advisory Board. “They will represent Canada well on the global stage, bringing their unique perspectives and decorated experiences into the jury rooms.”
Canada’s Awarding Jurors are:
- Creative Data Lions: Josh Budd, Chief Creative Officer, NA, Citizen Relations
- Creative Strategy Lions: Sean McDonald, Managing Partner, Chief Strategy Officer, Rethink
- Design Lions: Claire Dawson, Co-Founder/Creative Director, Underline Studio
- Film Lions: Nancy Crimi-Lamanna, Chief Creative Officer, FCB Canada
- Health & Wellness Lions: Max Geraldo, Chief Creative Officer, BBDO Canada
- PR Lions, President: Judy John, Partner, Chief Creative Officer, Edelman
- Radio & Audio Lions: Ian MacKellar, Executive Creative Director, Innocean Worldwide Canada
- Social & Influencer Lions: Ian Mackenzie, Chief Creative Officer, Performance Arts
Each year, in consultation with the Canadian Cannes Advisory Board, The Globe and Mail submits a juror nomination list comprised of Canada’s industry leaders with Cannes Lions making the final selection. Juries are carefully selected to ensure global representation with a balance of agency, network, holding company, independents, gender and diversity.
The jury selection process for Cannes Lions is a massive undertaking that the Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity takes very seriously. The juries are being entrusted to select the winning work for 2022 and are ultimately responsible for steering the future of the industry, and changing people’s lives.
Meet all of the Cannes Lions 2022 juries here: https://www.canneslions.com/jury
Learn more about this year’s Festival of Creativity here: https://www.canneslions.com