GLOBE MEDIA GROUP CARE PACKAGE GIVEAWAY
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
March 9, 2021 to March 16, 2021
By entering the Globe Media Group Care Package Giveaway (the “Contest”), you agree to these Official Contest Rules. All decisions of The Globe and Mail Inc. (“Contest Sponsor”) with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- Contest Sponsor. The Globe and Mail is the Contest Sponsor. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with by Instagram.
- Contest Period. The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time on March 9, 2021 and ends at 5 p.m. Eastern Time on March 16, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility. To be eligible, you must: (1) be a legal resident of Canada excluding Quebec; (2) be of the legal age of majority in that province at the time of entry into the Contest; (3) following Globe Media Group (@globemediagroup) on Instagram; and (4) ‘like’ the contest Instagram post.
You are not eligible if you are: (1) an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates (including parent, sister and subsidiary companies), or other party in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest, including advertising and promotional agencies, public relations agencies, suppliers of materials or services or prizes related to the Contest, or a member of the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they reside) or household member of any such employee, or (2) a winner of a contest of The Globe and Mail within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prize) and persons domiciled with such a winner. Groups, associations and entities cannot participate.
- How to Enter. No purchase is necessary. Eligible entrants may enter the Contest by following Globe Media Group (@globemediagroup) on Instagram, and ‘liking’ the contest Instagram post. Limit of one (1) Contest entry per individual. All eligible entries received within the entire Contest Period will be eligible to be entered into a draw for a chance to win 1 of 3 of the Grand Prize(s) (described below).
- Proof of Receipt. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry and will be as indicated on the Instagram page.
- Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account, as assigned by the internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Prize. There is one of three Grand prize (the “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of a care package containing three (3) products, including a journal from the Baltic Club , roast coffee from Rooftop Roasters, and a hand-poured candle from Fenwick Candles, with a retail value of $00 CDN.
Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment. Prize is not non-refundable, not convertible to cash, except in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Contest Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the prize as stated in these Official Contest Rules), including without limitation, a cash award, if the prize or prize component cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- Random Draws and Winner Confirmation.
Random Draw. A random draw for the Prize will be held on or about March 17, 2021 in Toronto, Ontario, from all eligible entries received throughout the entire Contest Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Winner Confirmation. The selected entrants will be notified by message on Instagram within five (5) business days of the draw. To be confirmed a winner, selected entrants must (a) respond to the message within ten (10) business days of it being sent, (b) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; (c) continue to meet the eligibility requirements and (d) complete, execute and return a Full Release of Liability, Consent to Publicity & Indemnity Form (“Form”) within ten (10) business days, if required by Contest Sponsor. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. If any selected entrant cannot be contacted and confirmed the winner as above, at Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, his/her entitlement to receive a Prize may be forfeited, and prize may be awarded to an alternate eligible entrant.
- Conduct. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Official Contest Rules and agree to abide and be bound by them and all decisions of Contest Sponsor, which are final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of prizes.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant that it finds to be: (a) violating the Official Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest; or (e) is conducting themselves in a manner that is deemed to be objectionable or that would bring Contest Sponsor into disrepute, including but not limited to any actions that would be considered profane, harassment, vulgar or generally not keeping with the spirit of a positive work environment.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE CONTESTS.
- Release of Liability / Consent to Publicity.
By entering the Contest, you: (i) confirm compliance with the Official Contest Rules; (ii) consent to the use of your name, city, comments, photographs, sobriquet, and/or other likenesses and all other indicia of personality, for publicity, general news, entertainment, advertising and informational purposes by Contest Sponsor and its parent, affiliated subsidiary and related companies, without further notice or compensation; and (iii) release Contest Sponsor and Instagram, and their respective affiliates (including, without limitation, any parent, sister and subsidiary companies), suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest and other parties in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest (including advertising and promotional agencies, public relations agencies), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, partners, licensees, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims, liabilities, demand or damages (including legal fees and expenses), of any nature or kind, arising out of, or in connection with your participation or attempted participation in the Contest and the awarding or use of a prize, including as set out below in the Limitation of Liability section.
- Limitation of Liability
Releasees do not assume any responsibility and each entrant releases Releasees from any and all claims, actions, damages, loss, injury, costs, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising in connection with the Contest and/or Prizes including, without limitation, the administration of the Contest, the selection and confirmation of winner, and the awarding and use of the prize.
Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, Releasees will not be responsible or liable for any injury or damage from whatever cause associated with or in connection with this contest or the prize including, without limitation (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete entries or entries that are altered or otherwise irregular, mechanically reproduced, submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or through illicit means, included in a bulk-drop off, or contain false information, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Contest Rules, as determined by Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion; (iii) any failure of, errors, or problems with websites associated with the Contest, including any website feature, howsoever caused, (iv) traffic congestion on the Internet and any postal delays, strikes or failures, (v) injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (vi) any website functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (vii) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Contest-related materials howsoever caused; (viii) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise.
In no event will Releasees be liable for any special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Contest Rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor. These Official Contest Rules will govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Contest-related materials.
- Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest and amend the Official Contest Rules at any time, without individual notice, and for any reason. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
- All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants.
- This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. To the extent permitted by law, any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the Province of Ontario, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Toronto, Ontario and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates and/or the prize suppliers. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited