Thank you for entering our contest
Content marketing is all the rage but trying to get it right can infuriate even the most seasoned marketer. There will always be that next big content marketing challenge that needs to be cracked. What’s yours?
Terms & Conditions
SPONSORED CONTENT CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
October 27, 2021 to December 8, 2021
By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Official Contest Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
1. Business means the business, company or partnership that employs the entrant.
2. Contest Sponsor. The contest sponsor is The Globe and Mail Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. Contest Period. The Globe and Mail’s Sponsored Content Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time on October 27, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on December 8, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
4. Eligibility. To be eligible, you must: (1) be a legal resident of Canada excluding Quebec; (2) be employed at a Canadian company or Canadian division of a company that can legally advertise in Canada; (3) have authority or permission from your Business to provide the Business’s information you disclose in the entry form; and (4) complete the Contest entry form within the Contest Period.
You are not eligible if you are: (1) an employee of a Contest Sponsor, its affiliates (including parent, sister and subsidiary companies), or other party in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest, including advertising and promotional agencies, public relations agencies, suppliers of materials or services or prizes related to the Contest, or a member of the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they reside) or household member of any such employee, or (2) a winner of a The Globe and Mail contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of Prize) and persons domiciled with such a winner. Groups, associations and entities cannot participate.
5. How to Enter. No purchase is necessary. Eligible entrants may enter the Contest by submitting a completed Contest entry form, which should outline, in 200 words or less, the most challenging content marketing problem their Business’s brand is currently facing. All entries must include your first name, last name, position/title, email address, and your Business’s name. Limit of one (1) Contest entry per person. All eligible entries received within the entire Contest Period will be eligible for a chance to win the Prize.
6. Proof of Receipt. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry or submission will be the computer servers of the Contest Sponsor or its applicable service providers. Proof of mailing or transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
7. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account, as assigned by the internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business,educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
8. Prize. The Prize will be a sponsored content program for the entrant’s Business valued at $70,000.00 CDN (the “Prize”). The Prize includes the production of two sponsored content articles, promotion through The Globe and Mail’s run of site for 4-6 weeks, and a full page Monday-Friday insertion. This sponsored content program will be created in consultation with the Globe Content Studio, in January 2022 to February 2022, and will run in The Globe and Mail from February 2022 to April 2022. The program must be in market no later than April 15, 2022. The Prize is available to be won by one entrant.
Prize must be accepted by the Business as awarded (including execution of an unmodified sponsored content agreement), without substitution, transfer, exchange or assignment. Prize is non-refundable and not convertible to cash, except in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Contest Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the Prize as stated in these Official Contest Rules), including without limitation, a cash award, if the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any treason. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
9. Winner Selection and Confirmation.
Winner Selection. The Winner shall be the entrant with the most challenging content marketing problem, as determined and selected at the Content Sponsor’s sole discretion. Completed entries will be assessed based on clarity of presentation and the complexity of the marketing challenge.
Winner Confirmation. The selected entrant will be notified by email within one (1) month of the Contest end date. To be confirmed the winner, the selected entrant must (a) respond to the email and/or telephone notification within ten (10) business days of it being sent, (b) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited,mathematical skill-testing question, (c) arrange for entrant’s Business to sign a sponsor content agreement without modification; and (d) arrange for entrant’s Business to complete, execute and return a Full Release of Liability, Consent to Publicity & Indemnity Form (“Form”) within five (5) business days. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. If any selected entrant cannot be contacted and confirmed the winner as above within  days, at Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, his/her entitlement to receive the Prize may be forfeited, and the Prize may be awarded to an alternate eligible entrant.
10. Conduct. By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Official Contest Rules and agree to abide and be bound by them and all decisions of Contest Sponsor, which shall be final and binding, without right of appeal, in all matters relating to this Contest and the awarding of the Prize.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant that it finds to be: (a) violating the Official Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHERINDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE CONTESTS.
11. Release of Liability / Consent to Publicity.
By entering the Contest, you: (i) confirm compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (ii) consent to the use of your name, city, comments, photographs, sobriquet, and/or other tlikenesses and all other indicia of personality, for publicity, general news, entertainment, advertising and informational purposes by Contest Sponsor and its parent, affiliated subsidiary and related companies, without further notice or compensation; and (iii) release Contest Sponsor, its affiliates (including, without limitation, any parent, sister and subsidiary companies), suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest and other parties in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest (including advertising and promotional agencies, public relations agencies), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, partners, licensees, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from and against any and all manner of action, causes of action, suits, debts, covenants, contracts, claims, liabilities, demand or damages (including legal fees and expenses), of any nature or kind, arising out of, or in connection with your participation or attempted participation in the Contest and the awarding or use of the Prize, including as set out below in the Limitation of Liability section.
12.Limitation of Liability
Releasees do not assume any responsibility and each entrant releases Releasees from any and all claims, actions, damages, loss, injury, costs, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising in connection with the Contest and/or Prize including, without limitation, the administration of the Contest, the selection and confirmation of winner, and the awarding and use of the Prize.
Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, Releasees will not be responsible or liable for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; (ii) late, lost, stolen, illegible, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete entries or entries that are altered or otherwise irregular, mechanically reproduced, submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or through illicit means, included in a bulk-drop off, or contain false information, or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Official Contest Rules, as determined by Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion; (iii) any failure of, errors, or problems with websites associated with the Contest, including any website feature, howsoever caused, (iv) traffic congestion on the Internet and any postal delays, strikes or failures, (v) injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; (vi) any website functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; (vii) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Contest-related materials howsoever caused; (viii) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise.
13.This Contest will be run in accordance with these Official Contest Rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor. The Official Contest Rules at www.globelink.ca/bigwin govern in the event of any inconsistency with other Contest-related materials.
14.Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest and amend the Official Contest Rules at any time, without individual notice, and for any reason. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
15.All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants.
16.This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. To the extent permitted by law, any dispute arising from this Contest will be determined according to the laws of the Province of Ontario, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Toronto, Ontario and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
18.All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates and/or the Prize suppliers. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.