As 2015 comes to a close, it’s time for us to reflect on the year that’s passed—and what better way to do it than with a list of the 10 most visited articles on theglobeandmail.com. While the federal election and Liberal government took 4 out of 10 spots on the list, the remaining provide a reminder and glimpse into the stories that captured readers’ attention this year.
Top 10 News Stories of 2015
- Nine ways your family finances will change under a Liberal government
- The Globe election forecast
- How Target botched a $7-billion rollout
- Supreme Court rules Canadians have right to doctor-assisted suicide
- A house-rich couple confronts a looming cash crunch
- Future Shop shutters Canadian stores, will rebrand as Best Buy
- Death of Chris Hyndman of “Steven and Chris” draws condolences, outpouring of sympathy
- “I was only hoping to provide a better life for my children,” father of drowned migrant boy says
- I’m Canadian – and I should have a right to vote
- Platform comparison: Where the parties stand on the top campaign issues
*Ranked based on full year visitor numbers as of Dec 18, 2015.