THE 2016 AUTO SHOW
Audi stands for Vorsprung durch Technik, meaning Advancement through Technology
When Audi was selected to open the 2016 Canadian International Autoshow, Mediacom tasked us to build massive brand attention through a unique digital execution, using technology that hasn’t been used before.
Our program took the Autoshow across Canada, delivering two 1-hour events, livestreamed from the AutoShow on Media Day and Opening Day. Hosted by Television journalist Glen Baxter, we presented an exclusive insider tour of Audi’s exhibit and 2016 lineup in our first live streaming, cross-platform campaign, centre stage on The Globe’s homepage.
Fully conceived and produced in-house, we engineered a multi-layered, multi-platform campaign.
The Globe Edge team produced the live event video in every detail and built massive interest – in the event and Audi’s brand – with sequential promotional messaging across Globe Alliance sites:
- Countdown/sign-up for reminder
- Live event coverage
- Post-event promotion
A special widescreen advertorial page was developed, to deliver the premium look Audi needed for an engaging audience experience, within our site.
Messaging to reinforce the brand impact was strategically deployed to:
- Reach custom audience segments (attributes, contextual, conquest and keyword), targeting luxury auto owners and purchase intenders
- Retarget readers of Globe luxury auto reviews
- Target sports, business and technology sites in Globe Alliance like Road & Track, Popular Mechanics and Esquire
- Drive additional video viewers in LookBook overlay panels, launched from Globe article pages
The Audi brand, content and ads received 38,265 hours of total exposure time!
- Media Day Exclusive – 41,164 minutes of video watched
- Inside Opening Day – 78,393 total minutes watched
- 1.1 million in-ad unit video plays
- Engagement levels on Audi’s custom destination page was 4x higher than our editorial content benchmark
And, the agency, MediaCom, was thrilled!