The 2016 Canadian Young Lions Competition opens January 11, 2016.
2016 Canadian Young Lions Competition
As the official Canadian representative to the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, The Globe and Mail’s Young Lions competition is the only competition in Canada that allows you to officially enter and compete in Cannes.
The winning teams from the Canadian competition will attend the Cannes Lions Festival in June 2016 to compete against the world’s best young advertising and marketing minds in the global Young Lions and Young Marketers competitions.
Beyond the incredible learning and networking experiences, winning the competition allows you to showcase your talent on a massive platform and allows your career to reap the benefits of being recognized at the world’s most prestigious advertising and marketing awards.
For information on the 2016 Canadian Young Marketers competition, click here.
2016 Key Dates
January 11: Registration for the 2016 Canadian Young Lions competition opens
February 26: Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. ET
March 5-7: Competition dates
March-April: Judging for all categories
Week of April 11: Live judging for qualifying Young Lions Media and Young Marketers teams
April 26: Winners announced at CMDC 2016
June 18-25: 2016 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
In teams of two, you may compete in only one category and submit only one entry.
PRINT: Within 24 hours, create a print ad in PDF format that does not exceed 10 MB.
CYBER: Within 24 hours, create a web ad in a ZIP file that does not exceed 10 MB.
MEDIA: Within 24 hours, develop a media/contact strategy in PDF format that does not exceed 25 MB. Three to five teams will be shortlisted and invited to Toronto, Canada for a live presentation with the Media judging panel
FILM: Within 48 hours, film and edit a 30-second commercial in MOV or WMV format that does not exceed 25 MB.
Don’t forget: Files that are not in the accepted file formats or that exceed the size limitations noted above will be disqualified. Late submissions are not permitted under any circumstance.
Canadian Young Lions must meet these qualifications:
- Be a legal resident of Canada (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident only; work permits do not qualify) and be of the legal age of majority in your province or territory of residence at the time of your entry in this competition;
- Have experience in advertising or creative media, such as being employed by an advertising company or agency or a media industry company;
- Participants must be 30 years or younger (born on or after June 25, 1985);
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral presentations are conducted in English only);
- If you are declared a winner, you must hold a valid passport with at least six months from expiry, not have any restrictions and be able to comply with all visa and other requirements on travel to France and be able to attend the 2016 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in Cannes, France from June 18-25, 2016
Don’t forget: Both entrants must meet eligibility requirements in order to register to compete.
How to Enter
Registration begins on January 11, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and ends at February 26, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
Ready to register? Please ensure you:
- Read the Official Rules and Regulations.
- Complete the online registration form. One submission per team.
- Submit the $150 registration fee via PayPal (non-refundable) during registration.
You will receive a confirmation receipt from PayPal indicating your registration has been successfully processed.Register your team
For questions or inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org and allow 2-3 business days for a response.