Want to become Canada’s Young Lion in Cannes?
If you’re 28 or under and have advertising or communications industry experience, you’ve come to the right place! As Canada’s only official Cannes representative, The Globe’s competition is your only ticket to qualifying for the Cannes Young Lions competitions in France. Download or print the promo poster.
The competition is for teams of two, and both members must meet the qualifications.
For information on The Globe’s Young Marketers competition, click here.
Young Lions must meet these qualifications:
- Be 28 years or under (born on or after June 27, 1986).
- Have advertising or communications industry experience.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada (Work Permits do no qualify).
- Have a valid passport, which will be asked for before winners are announced.
- Have reached the age of majority in your province/territory of residence.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Have strong English skills (all entries are written & presented in English).
Don’t forget: If your entry wins and both contestants do not meet all the requirements, your entry and your team will be disqualified. See the Rules and Regulations for complete details.
You are permitted to compete in only one category and submit only one entry.
- Print: Within 24 hours, create a print ad in PDF format that does not exceed 10 MB.
- Cyber: Within 24 hours, create a web ad in a .ZIP file that does not exceed 10 MB.
- Media: Within 24 hours, develop a media/contact strategy in PDF format that does not exceed 25 MB.
- Film: Within 48 hours, film and edit a 30-second commercial in .MOV or WMV format that does not exceed 25 MB.
Don’t forget: Files exceeding the file formats and size limitations noted above will be disqualified, so check your file size at least 1 hour before the submission deadline. Late submissions are not permitted under any circumstance.
- January 7: Registration for the 2015 Canada Young Lions competition opens
- February 18: Registration closes
- February 21-22: Competition days
- March 9 – March 29: Judging for all categories.
- April 13 (week of) – Live Judging for Young Lions Media and Young Marketers categories
- May 5: Winners are announced at the CMDC conference.
- June 21 to 27: Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
What will you win – aside from a career altering experience?
You could win a trip to Cannes and the chance to compete in the 2015 Cannes Lions Festival’s Young Lions competition – June 21 to 27, 2015. See the Rules and Regulations for complete prize details.
Ready to register?
- Read the Rules and Regulations, as you will be asked to agree to their terms and conditions.
- Complete the online Registration Form for your team.
- Via PayPal, pay the non-refundable $150 per team Registration Fee during registration.
- PayPal will issue a confirmation receipt number, indicating your registration is successfully processed.
Don’t forget: Your non-refundable Registration Fee must be successfully processed for your registration to be complete.
Got a question?
Send it to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you within 24 business hours