Congratulations to our finalists
Please join The Globe and Mail as we congratulate our finalists in the Young Lions and Young Marketers qualifying competitions. These talented teams were chosen from 268 entries from across Canada and represent some of the country’s most dynamic young thinkers in their fields. Our warmest congratulations to:
Category, Young Lions – Print
- Dylan Silvestro – Young & Rubicam, Edward Buchi – Vitamin T
- Michael Appleby & Ihar Turtsou – Grip Limited
- Barbato Martiniello & Emma Quiroz – SID LEE
- James B Walker – Spider Marketing Solutions, Bryce Wendelaar – Twist Image
- Ryan Hanson & Meagan Nishio – JWT
Category, Young Lions – Film
- Sarah Cody & Aaron Niven – Cundari
- Meagan Eveleigh & Kyla Galloway – JWT
- Rachel Kennedy & Shauna Roe – Saatchi & Saatchi
- Allie Keith & Cindy Habana – JWT Toronto
- Carol Hung & Justin Luu – Rivet Global
Category, Young Lions – Cyber
- Gary Man Ho Chan – Mogo Financial, Jian Hui Kenny Huang – TBWA Shanghai
- Michael Morelli & Steven Tiao – Leo Burnett
- Shiran Teitelbaum & Alice Blastorah – BBDO
- Alex Newman – JWT, Erica Newman – freelance
- Cooper Evoy & Liam Johnstone – Red Urban
Category, Young Lions – Media
- Carla Museitef & Jessica Stein – Media Experts
- Amanda Dyke & Amanda Hill – SMG
- Jerome Skeene – Rivet Global,
Deniz Melen – Juniper Park
- Chris Gairdner & Jessica Burnie – Media Experts
- Marissa Fischer & Adrian Koornneef – Starcom MediaVest Group
Want to become Canada’s Young Lion in Cannes?
If you’re 28 or under and have advertising or communications industry experience, you’ve come to the right place! As Canada’s only official Cannes representative, The Globe’s competition is your only ticket to qualifying for the Cannes Young Lions competitions in France.
The competition is for teams of two, and both members must meet the qualifications.
For information on The Globe’s Young Marketers competition, click here.
Young Lions must meet these qualifications:
- Be 28 years or under (born on or after June 21, 1985).
- Have advertising or communications industry experience.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada (Work Permits do no qualify).
- Have a valid passport, which will be asked for before winners are announced.
- Have reached the age of majority in your province/territory of residence.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Have strong English skills (all entries are written & presented in English).
Don’t forget: If your entry wins and both contestants do not meet all the requirements, your entry and your team will be disqualified. See the Rules and Regulations for complete details.
You are permitted to compete in only one category and submit only one entry.
- Print: Within 24 hours, create a print ad in PDF format that does not exceed 10 MB.
- Cyber: Within 24 hours, create a web ad in a .ZIP file that does not exceed 10 MB.
- Media: Within 24 hours, develop a media/contact strategy in PDF format that does not exceed 25 MB.
- Film: Within 48 hours, film and edit a 30-second commercial in .MOV or WMV format that does not exceed 25 MB.
Don’t forget: Files exceeding the file formats and size limitations noted above will be disqualified, so check your file size at least 1 hour before the submission deadline. Late submissions are not permitted under any circumstance.
- January 13: Registration for the 2014 Canada Young Lions competition opens
- March 5: Registration closes
- March 8 – 9: Competition days
- March 21 – April 4: Judging for all categories.
- May 6: Winners are announced at the CMDC conference.
- May 7: Dinner for the winning teams.
- June 15 to 21: Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
What will you win – aside from a career altering experience?
You could win a trip to Cannes and the chance to compete in the 2014 Cannes Lions Festival’s Young Lions competition – June 15 to 21, 2014. See the Rules and Regulations for complete prize details.
Ready to register?
- Read the Rules and Regulations, as you will be asked to agree to their terms and conditions.
- Complete the online Registration Form for your team.
- Via PayPal, pay the non-refundable $100 Registration Fee during registration.
- PayPal will issue a confirmation receipt number, indicating your registration is successfully processed.
Don’t forget: Your non-refundable Registration Fee must be successfully processed for your registration to be complete.
Got a question?
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within 24 business hours